Thursday, May 27, 2021

Paintings at Woodmere Art Museum

 

Two of my paintings will be on view at the Woodmere Art Museum in their annual "Seeing the Story" Exhibition. While this exhibition, originally scheduled for summer of 2020, was delayed until this year, I was fortunate that my mother could drop the paintings off while I am in Paris.

Both paintings in the exhibition are from my book My book "The Great Library", an overview of scholars from the ancient library of Alexandria in Egypt.
"Embark Discovery", Oil, 17 x 30 inches                                     "A Cure", Oil, 9 x 12 inches
More information at Woodmereartmuseum.org
 
Woodmere Art Museum   9201 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118

I’m also fortunate to announce that I’m one of 20 artists selected for MuralArts’ 2021 Philadelphia Fellowship for Black Artists! This virtual Fellowship, presented by TD Bank, will be supporting my paintings with $2,000 in unrestricted funding. I’ll also be receiving financial planning sessions, social media promotion, and evaluative sessions with awesome curators from Rush Arts PhiladelphiaHAHA Magazine, and StreetsDept.com. 

Follow Mural Arts and check back soon for a full feature of my work on their Instagram page, and learn more about the 2021 Cohort HERE

No comments: