Friday, April 12, 2019

Pencil Kings Interview

I was recently interviewed on the Pencil Kings Podcast by Mitch Bowler.  We discussed my book The Great Library and how I developed my approach from learning in different schools including Grand Central Atelier, Cambridge Street Studios and the Maryland Institute College of Art.



The podcast can also be listened to on Itunes , Stitcher and Pencilkings.com
Thank you for sharing my story Mitch. And thank you to all of my teachers and classmates that I have learned from and been inspired by as well as family and friends that support me.

My book, The Great Library can be viewed on my website at arthurhaywood.com/p/the-great-library.html

I also should mention that I have tutorials on the process that I have used for my work on my blog, arthaywood.blogspot.com to share the steps to my approach with learners online. I have described ideas that I have been learning about during my classical painting and drawing education up to the present.

For me, developing my work has been a matter of practice and guidance. I have been fortunate to get a lot of practice from life. But there are online ways of online learning that share these steps of classical drawing and painting. Such as Scott Waddell's video tutorials on scottwaddellfineart.com . Some of his shorter tutorials are on youtube at youtube.com/user/waddellwebisodes . He also has an Online Teaching Program . Scott Waddell was a really influential teacher for me that I studied with at Grand Central Atelier .  Other influential teachers that I studied with at Grand Central Atelier who have video tutorials which introduce this process are Jacob Collins, Joshua Larock , Gregory Mortenson Devin Cecil-Wishing , Doug Flynt , Tony Curanaj and Edward Minoff

Pencilkings.com and the Evolve artist program that Mitch Bowler is working with also has very informative art tutorials that are great.

Other Links mentioned in the podcast:

Artistacon: www.artistacon.net
Grand Central Atelier: www.grandcentralatelier.org
Maryland Institute College of Art: www.mica.edu
Cambridge Street Studios: www.cambridgeststudios.com

No comments: